Saturday, March 15, 2014

Day 6

I just weighed myself this morning and I've lost 10lbs in 5 days or 6 days I guess. Well no, technically it's 5 days since I started Monday morning, well wait, that means 6 days huh? Anyhoo, I've lost 10lbs., I'm so happy and feel somewhat determined. I say somewhat only because in the last couple of days I've had heart palpitations and I've been trying to figure out what is causing it.  I unfortunately can't drink tea or coffee because of the caffeine, yet I could drink soda. Strong tea and coffee gives me heart palpitations and makes my heart beat super fast, scary fast.

Some years ago I went into the ER thinking I was having a heart attack and the dr.s told me I was having a panic attack. I refused to agree with them because at the moment I wasn't under any stress or upset. At the contrary I was super happy so it just didn't make sense. It happened in 2010 and I went in 2x that year and 3 times in early 2011 for the same reason, thinking it was a heart attack. In time I quickly found out I'm just allergic to caffeine in high dosages.  So tea and coffee are a big NO NO for me, also ginger. Ginger has the same effect, which sucks because I love ginger in my juices. I can have really small amounts of it, but then I want more and I can't.  So this time around, my heart palpitations haven't been as bad as in the past, but they are still discomforting and worrisome. My husband says it's just me feeling more energy. He could be right because when I do get them I feel like going for a run, I haven't done so yet because it's in the middle of the night or I'm just feeling lazy at nights after work and during the day I'm at work so I can't go running.  Then I start thinking, WTF, is this what energy feels like. I'm 37 yrs. old and I've never known (or can't remember) what it feels like to have energy so I may just be energized, who knows. Either way, I will get checked when I come back from Japan in April.

Oh yeah, I leave for Japan next Monday on the 24th for work. Only for a week. I'll have to break my juice fast, but I'm OK with it because at times I do feel like I'm starving myself. Although I'm not because I'm juicing and making sure I get all my vitamins and proteins in my juices.  I do miss eating though. However, losing 10lbs has me excited to lose more. If I lost 10 in 5 days, I hope I can lose 20lbs in 10-14 days.  I still have the rest of the day ahead of me and it's Saturday so it might be hard for me, but my husband said he'll do it with me this weekend so I won't feel bad when we're out.  He's so nice, but I want him to eat because he is too thin. You see, we are like Kermit the Frog & Ms. Piggy.  I need to lose and he needs to gain. He's 6'1 and weighs 168lbs. For his height, he is too thin.  It's embarrassing to say that I weigh more than double his size.  Hopefully not for long!

No comments:

Post a Comment